Sunday, September 2, 2007

Our First City Apartment

So-we're here and now I'm officially a blogger (who would have thought). My parents were up moving us in and we had a great time. We took a double decker bus all over downtown and spent some time in Central Park. Our apartment is just 10 blocks north of the northern end of central park!

We had our good friends Gabe and Meg over for dinner last night and I had to adjust to cooking in a closet and a tiny gas oven (no timer or pre-heat buzzer here). The oven is just large enough for a cookie sheet to fit in long ways-but not sideways. Our apartment is much roomier than I thought it would be. We have just the right amount of stuff. Somehow 495 square feet feels large here. They actually raved over how much space we have! I had to catch myself in mid sentence saying..."wait a minute, this isn't big-you're just used to New York!" I suppose soon enough we will be thinking that way to. We have some large door/windows onto a tiny balcony overlooking 121 Street. It is really nice. Some people have said it reminds them of Paris-me not so much, but it's nice. I am going to attempt to put a video on here of a tour. I hope you can view it. I'm still learning how this thing works so bear with me. Our only real frustration is that little Steven is not taking to falling asleep on his own. It's silly to ask a prayer for that-but if you think of it-pray he adjusts and learns to sleep on his own. It will make my life and spirits a lot better.

We've only explored the neighborhood a little-but last night we walked down Broadway (which is one of the streets our apartment is in between) and there were the cutest bookstores and places to eat. It's like Franklin street on steroids! We plan to explore that a little more tonight. We miss you all so much-we've met a few people, but not lots of honest conversation yet. I miss it dearly. Love you all and hope this finds you well

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog.

Dad