Thursday, September 27, 2007

Always Something Free....But money sure does help!

Sometimes when you walk down Park or any other "uppity" NY street or pay $14 for a simple sandwich, you forget that there is anyone else in your financial bracket! Luckily since we live in married student housing most of our friends are in the same boat! So living here there is always something free to do...if you look. For example we go to the park almost daily in between naps. There are about 5 parks in a 15 minute walking radius. There is a NY Public Library with story time and a great children's section 6-7 blocks away, and today we made the trek to Lincoln Center where there is a Barnes and Noble. Eric Carle (writer of The Very Hungry Caterpillar) was there reading his new book, Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What do You See? Which is slightly different than Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? and Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What do you see? or Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you Hear?

Oh I'm so serious-those are all Eric Carle books-and if you're like me-at this moment you were thinking, "Why didn't I try that?" Well ladies and gentlemen it's already been done. But here are some pictures of Colleen, Mary, Steven and I at the reading. Just one more example of a free thing offered by the city in which I live!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so anonymous! Thanks for making this possible.

Beth said...

Cool!! So wish I had been there...maybe next time :)

beth

Stephen and Kelly said...

Courtney! I was so excited to see your blog! I had no idea that you were living in the big city or that, hello!, you have a baby!!!! And what a cute baby he is! I'd love to keep in touch!