Friday, September 21, 2007

China Town-Little Italy-Tickle Me Steven!

So yesterday we spent the afternoon wandering the streets of China Town. I am glad we went-but will probably not head that direction again unless I am in dire need of an imitation hand bag or some knock off perfume! I never knew that when 5 different people were yelling at me simultaneously that it stressed me out....well now I know.


We even went to an authentic Chinese restaurant and ordered the wrong thing! I ended up slipping into McDonalds after lunch to fill up because I couldn't stomach my meal...so needless to say-I think I'm done with that area of NYC. My goal in going was to find a Yankees T-Shirt for the game we're going to on Monday and I was sadly unsuccessful. I did end up with a I heart NY t-shirt though-I suppose it was a must before we left the city, right?

We did get to see arch at the beginning of the Manhattan Bridge-which is pictured in lots of movies (When Harry Met Sally etc.)

And we were in little Italy during the Feast of San Gennaro-which is a huge week long festival that celebrates the saint. It basically just felt like a state fair to me. Lots of food vendors-games where you win a stuffed animal...and man do they attack you when they see you have a stroller! "Win one for the baby," they say.


And then on our 90 minute walking tour that our guide book recommended we hit two places I thought worth mentioning. One is only here for my mom... (there's your shout out ma!) and the other is a pickle shop. Evidentially in the early 1900s Jewish pickle shops filled the area and they had pickles in huge barrels filled with different spices and brine etc. I didn't try any-but man was it crazy!



Now we've officially found a Bonnie's in both places we've lived since we've been married. It's like mom's way of always being present! There's no place like home!

Here's a clip of Steven and little Steven playing-lots of fun!

4 comments:

Beth said...

"I never knew that when 5 different people were yelling at me simultaneously that it stressed me out" Now you know what Korea felt like--ALL THE TIME!! Looks like a crazy fun day. See you soon :0)

beth

Unknown said...

Thanks for thinking of Mom!!!!I love you & miss all of you lots.

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

I got both videos to work on my computer.
Dad

Kathleen Moore said...

It's crazy how much little Steven is growing... Hope you're enjoying yourselves! Talk to you soon

kathleen