Thursday, October 4, 2007

Six Months




Well yesterday my little son was 6 months old. Crazy! That means he has been here for 1/2 of a year! Before I know it he's going to be 1. He changes so much daily; smiles-playing-sitting-eating. So yesterday I took him to his 6 mo appointment. I finally decided after stressing to just look up doctors that took my insurance and pick one. So I picked one seemingly at random that was about 8 blocks from our place. I showed up and realized I had randomly picked the local clinic. I walked in the door and it was packed and I was terrified. I finally got a seat in the little kiddie chairs and waited-the only people who smiled at my child didn't speak English so I had little interaction with those around me. Steven met me there a little later and we were eventually called in. To my surprise the doctor was excellent. She was incredibly attentive-gave us great advice for little Steven's dry skin and eczema-and spent a long time with us answering questions and chatting. The shots weren't that bad and overall the experience was a great one. So now I have a NY clinic card for my son and a place to take him if he gets sick. I walked out pleasantly surprised and totally plan to go back again.

For those of you who like to comment on my son's rolls and chub-he is exactly 50% in height and weight! He weighed just over 17 pounds (which is a lot to carry on a walk-I'm working on my muscles) and was around 26 inches long. Man is he growing. God is so good to our family and his grace is so evident daily.

No comments: