Thursday, December 6, 2007

Macy's



The only time I get really excited about our crazy hot radiator heat is after a long afternoon walking in the 19 degree weather! The warmth happily knocks you over as you walk into the lobby! Colleen, Mary, Steven Edward and I made a morning out of shopping for a winter coat. We headed to Macy's and were thrust into the holiday spirit! The window displays were amazingly elaborate and ironically quite loud! Here are some pictures-not quite as impressive as they actually were in real life.
















They even had the ball that they drop in Time Square. Turns out it's quite elaborate and was created by Waterford! Go figure! Little Steven was mesmerized.


The Santa display was nothing short of a remake of the North Pole. You can see the little bears here. (Although the penguins didn't make the picture.)

Overall the store was absolutely decked out. No Biltmore, but this was free, so I can't really complain.


We even had a bit to eat watching the ice skaters in Bryant Park. What an exciting outing for a Thursday! I even got a jacket out of it.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Looks like fun!! Glad you got your jacket, I'll have to see it. Brr! I can't believe you got out in it :)

beth

The Cornwalls said...

I am sure the decorations are beautiful!! I am glad that you get to see them all :)
Love you!