Thursday, December 13, 2007

December with Steven Edward





Well, I haven't given an update lately so I figured I would give a little snapshot of what my son is doing these days. Many of you will see all of this soon, but it is as much of a record for me as it is information for you. Humor me.
*He still loves to chase a ball all around the house. He will do this for 30-45 minutes with happy smiles and grunts
*He has figured out how to pull my cookbooks (and anything else for that matter) off the bottom shelf while crawling.
*He has also figured out that if he goes to the shelf and sits up, he can not only clear the bottom shelf, but make a good dent in the second shelf as well.
*About 2 weeks ago he became quite proficient at coming to a sitting position from a crawl. He originally would do it and look back for me with a huge smile, proud of himself and waiting for my applause!
*He also loves to crawl to our balcony door and watch what is going on outside. He will crawl to the window, sit up, and look out like a cat. Here is a picture of him watching it snow.
*He loves trucks and toys that make noise...or anything else that makes noise, like kitchen things or the radiator cover. Banging is his new pastime.
*He is experimenting with different sounds. He is using "r" and "w" quite well, and while riding in his stroller will scream, "awa, awa, awa" over and over again.
*When tired he starts to shake his head back and forth (like he's saying no), rub his eyes, grab his ears, and get extremely squirmy.
*He loves to crawl into small spaces - like the kitchen, bathroom, or under tables and chairs.
*His feet are quite ticklish and he loves for you to tickle him anywhere - he has the cutest laugh when you do so.
*He loves for his daddy to toss him in the air
*He will and does eat any and everything.
*He is starting to assert his independence by never wanting me to feed him finger foods; he will shut his mouth, turn away, and then get and eat them himself (oh how I look forward to middle school).
*He loves to lay on one side when turning directions (kind of like a super model pose

*He loves faces, especially mouths, and beards add a whole new element of fun!








*He won't drink from a sippy cup (he only chews the spout) but if I hold it and give it to him without a top, he's a huge fan of water.
*He also loves to crawl to the chairs and slide them across the floor (because they make a loud scraping noise).
*He is doing his very best to pull up on anything and everything he can-he spends much of the in between time in the downward dog position!

4 comments:

Beth said...

What a little doll. I just love that little giggle! Oh, and by the way, you cannot call what he does in the stroller screaming--you've heard the Raptor, right? That, my dear friend, is screaming. Steven's is more of a... bellow, if you will. I love the new sounds, too :)

beth

Kathleen Moore said...

I like that the kitchen counts as a small space :D

The Breedloves said...

oh yea it does-so small. My husband just measured it and we're looking at 6 square feet of floor space. (2 ft X 3 ft for those who aren't so keen on math)

heather said...

I just love the update on his progress. How blessed you are to have this precious time with Steven and be able to know him SO well. Possible help with the sippy cups: try Avent with the soft spout, that was the ONLY one that Michael John would use. He would chew on the others too because he couldn't figure out how to get liquid out of them. As far as screaming goes, wait until he is a toddler! I never knew how quiet newborns are until Cayden came along and I couldn't hear him crying because Michael was running about being his usual boy self (which comes with sound effects and screaming at the top of his lungs).