Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Randomness of NYC

So, since we've lived here in the city, I cannot tell you how many people that are somehow connected to our past that we've gotten to see. People coming to visit us specifically or friends just visiting the city who we get to spend the afternoon with! This week alone I was able to spend good time with two old friends! One of my good friends from college, Jeanette, was up here on Spring Break and we spent two restful days together. Little Steven loved her!



The most random is a friend who I was close with in middle school. We actually spent some of our evening discussing why we never hung out in High School - but even to the actual participants, the ins and outs of high school girls will forever be a mystery. It is a friend who I have gotten back in touch with through my brother and sister-in-law (James and Millie). My friend's (Jamie) husband (Chris) actually works with James and through typical get to know you discussion they found out that I was someone they had in common. Jamie and Chris were actually planning a weekend away in NYC so we met up!


They were kind enough to treat us to a brunch from a place on the Upper West Side called Cafe Lalo. It was in fact the cafe featured in You've Got Mail with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. It was really cute and we had a great time. Steven Edward even sat in a "big boy chair." (I'm not sure why when you have a child ordinary objects start to have special names, but they do....big boy chair? Who knows). He was quite the cute little boy sitting across the table from me looking around the restaraunt and talking. We had a great time!


And lest we forget, Carolina also won the ACC Championship and got the number one seed for the NCAA tournament - but who's counting?

No comments: