Sunday, March 30, 2008

Can You Believe I Forgot My Camera?

So, this weekend we had lots of friends in town and were all over the place. A good friend from Asheville, Jan Sturgis, was here and we had a great time hanging out and cruising the Village and Central Park. We even took the Central Park Carriage ride. We were excited....it looked picturesque, and like it would create lots of memories. So she willingly handed over the seemingly high rate for us to partake of such an activity. We expected history, we expected beauty, we expected memories....well we got memories. Our driver was on his cell phone the entire time and would occasionally pause from his conversation and point out where a movie was filmed. Not to mention the fact that we did the smallest circle (that we had actually walked previously getting to the carriage) at a very slow speed with the slight odor of horse manure encompassing us for the 20 minute ride....to sum it all up DON'T TAKE THE CARRIAGE RIDE! If you're really interested in a riding tour of the park...I would recommend the rickshaw. None the less we had a great time and I think Jan really enjoyed her time in the city.

Later that afternoon, I met up with my old college roommate, Mandy McNabb. I got to hang out with her, her mom, and her sister Emily for the afternoon. It was so much fun. I enjoy friendships that you can pick up where you left off - refreshing and not stressful.

Then Sunday morning, a family who we are friends with from our church in Asheville came by our house to visit and have coffee. We had a really great time and it helped us get excited about returning there soon. We will be traveling there to look at houses in two weeks so I suppose we are starting to shift our thoughts in that direction.

Unfortunately I did not bring my camera at all this weekend so you are stuck with words this time. Jan did purchase a disposable camera and the purchase proved the salesman was sexist...but none the less you may eventually see picture. He tried to make us pay $13 dollars with tax. When I acted like I knew what I was talking about (as I knew I should when I felt I was getting riped off) and questioned the price and the tax, he stood firm. A few minutes later Steven walked in and he gave it to him for $10 without an haggling. I was furious! If she sends me copies I will post them later here - I will include copies of the cell phone carriage driver and the sexist camera man if applicable.

No comments: