Saturday, February 9, 2008

What a Great Day!

Today was one of the best birthdays I have had in a really long time. So many people called, emailed, and sent cards or gifts. It was truly a day where I felt loved. In fact, one of my good friends, Teena (you like that shout out!), was able to wish me Happy Birthday in three different ways!

So we started by having banana pancakes and bacon....what a great combo. When then had a relaxing morning where we looked at houses online and sipped coffee! After our son's nap we headed down to the East Village for a tour of a new neighborhood. Here is a short picture tutorial.



This is a flip book version of me pushing this bizarre piece of art in a circle. It is one of the major landmarks in the East Village. In fact, Steven went up and tried to push it and couldn't move it! Look at me go!


These are two interesting sights we saw on a walk through the Village. They are Coyote Ugly (which was a featured bar in the film Coyote Ugly) and St. Mark's-In-The-Bowery-Church which was built in 1799.


We ate at an AMAZING Italian restaurant in the Village called Gnocco (which upon entering we found out is a traditional appetizer which was excellent). All of the employees spoke Italian to one another and our waiter had only been in the country 9 months! I ate one of the best Italian dishes I've ever had and Steven Edward had a grand time banging on the table. He also became an expert at drinking from a straw.


Overall it was one of the best birthday's I can remember. Who says you can't take your son on a date (I may have another opinion on that next year)? Once I'm done publishing this post, I'm going to eat a Caravel Ice Cream Cake (which my husband hunted down in Manhattan!), drink a glass of wine (that my husband bought with his Christmas money for me), and enjoy my flowers (which my husband brought home this morning). What a great life I lead (not to mention my amazing husband!)!

No comments: