Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow in the City :)

Last night, my friend Beth and I planned to go see Allison Krauss at Carnegie Hall. Our husbands kindly stayed with our kids and we rushed through dinner and made it to the door 15 minutes before the show....to see poster boards that had been printed, stating, "Allison Krauss will not appear in concert tonight due to illness." After a sad moment and a crazy long line with some funny New York women we got our money back with the plans to spend it on a good dessert and a glass of wine. So we turned our evening of music into an evening of great conversation.


Waking up this morning we saw 6-9 inches of snow outside our window. So I promptly...in my snow ritual...first woke my husband, then called my mom, and after breakfast made plans with our friends to venture out into the wonderland! So we suited up-all of us in our long johns..(where the heck is that name from?)

And out we went!



Steven Edward was less than impressed. In fact once we brought him back inside he was near inconsolable, BUT....I am okay with the fact that I took him out for me, not him.




I even must admit that there were a few times a snowball "accidentally" hit his father and shattered in his face. The result was a confused wet look.


Overall it was a great day. A day full of family, snow, sledding, snowball fights, and we can't forget...Hot Chocolate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

Courtney,
I'm so jealous! I was hoping for some snow here in NC before we head off to Indonesia, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen....I'll just live vicariously through you!
Steven Edward is adorable!!! I think he looks just like his momma.
Love you,
Heather