Monday, February 18, 2008

The Breedlove Visit!



There is nothing to make you tired like a trip from your in-laws...or at least my in-laws. I think they are in better shape than I was at 17, and my father-in-law relaxes by constant motion. We ate great food, saw good acting, went ice skating, and even squeezed in a visit to a museum. Overall it was a great time.



They won a weekend at the New York Athletic Club at a silent auction and we were able to join them there for dinner on Friday and brunch on Saturday. It is a crazy nice place on the south end of Central Park. From their room you could see the entirety of Central Park and the view was amazing. It was the type of place where you were required to wear a coat and tie to dinner and for brunch a coat was "not required but always appropriate." In fact there is one elevator (of the 6) that is just for people in "casual clothes or work-out attire" and it led you to the back door...because you obviously can't leave through the front door in jeans or tennis shoes! Imagine!

Then we went to see Mama Mia on Saturday and went out to a great Italian restaraunt that night! What an amazing day and by the end I hit my pillow hard.


Then Sunday we went to church and then went ice skating in Central Park. This was the one stipulation I had in moving to NYC for the year. I had informed my husband that I was willing to move as long as he took me ice skating in the park....check.

Then this morning we made our way to the Natural History Museum and some NYC pizza for our Grand Finale. And what a finale it was.

Meanwhile-when I get home and fall into bed, my husband works each night on a paper that is due in 2 hours...I think he is about done :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you have Courtney! Oh how I wish I could be just like you.
-Giada De Laurentiis

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had an amazing time. I wish that I could come visit as well, although I probably wouldn't be able to stay at the New York Athletic Club.

- Judy