Sunday, November 4, 2007

Les Miserables



Steven and I had the privilege of going out on an amazing date tonight in celebration of his 28th birthday. We left little Steven with our friends the Alexanders (and he did wonderfully!) and we went to a matinée performance of Les Miserables and then out to dinner. It was soooooo great! Les Mis is Steven's favorite play and I have been wanting to go for years (literally). I remember sitting in a parking lot at UNC listening to the entire soundtrack while Steven, my boyfriend at the time, walked through the whole story attempting to portray its power-it was not truly portrayed until I saw it tonight. The one thing I was disappointed by was our culture's lack of reverence for any occasion in their attire-I definitely felt overdressed. I only say felt, and not was, because my husband assured me that they were under dressed! I saw more than one hooded sweatshirt and we even spotted a guy at the play in shorts.
But I suppose that is a minor disappointment for my first Broadway play, my first cab ride in the city, our first sitter who had to put our son to bed, and a super nice meal! I am heading to Richmond early tomorrow morning to spend the week with my Nanny-so until further- adieu.

No comments: