Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Kent



Kent is the eldest son in the Steven A. Breedlove family. Of his own diagnosis he is in need of his own blog post. To appease this desire I am posting on Kent from the view of a marry-in. Evidently Columbia University also thought Kent noteworthy because they named a building after him. This is proof.

1. The first time I met Kent he was walking on his knuckles screeching like a monkey.
2. For the first 1.5 years Steven and I dated he affectionately called me Sportly Courtly.
3. I have more pictures of him with his shirt off flexing his muscles than any other male Breedlove.
4. He is incredibly good at making my son laugh, especially when he spins him in a full 360
while a disapproving mother watches.

5. His love language is definitely touch - so I have seen him beat all his brothers on numerous occasions "lovingly." This picture of him wrestling with his wife was taken over break...along with this one of his son wrestling Steven Edward (some things seem to be generational).

6. He believes a person should only own 6 t-shirts...including undershirts! Therefore he ends up wearing his brothers' and father's clothes on vacation!
7. Speaking of clothes...he has (since I have been a part of the family) convinced both of
his brothers to buy at least one piece of clothing from him...neither of which I've seen either
boy wear.
8. He is capable of returning any item to any store. In fact I have seen him return something
to a store that they didn't even carry...he convinced them they should start carrying it.
9. Since I have used the words convinced in the last 2 points, it seems pertinent at this point
in Kent's post to tell you that he is a rather successful lawyer in Calgary.
10. He is also a slight beer snob! This picture of him with his Colt 45 says it all.

11. He is the husband of a beautiful wife and two great children whom he loves.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's amazing, what more can I say?

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Did I mention he's an incredible fellow?

Melissa

Anonymous said...

What can I say he has taught me everything I know.

Thomas

Anonymous said...

I really look up to him.

Steven

Anonymous said...

I guess he is the fellow I always wanted my girls to marry.

Courtney's Aunt

Anonymous said...

I really respect him.

James Dasher

Anonymous said...

When I first met him I knew he was something special!

Joseph

Anonymous said...

When I first met him I knew he was something special!

Joseph

Anonymous said...

I guess he really is my favorite grandson..er, grandchild.

Sunshine

Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess everyone has already said what I was thinking!

Sally

Anonymous said...

I am thinking on speaking about Kent the next few Sundays.

Steve

Anonymous said...

He's like a brother to me, only smarter and better than my real brother.

Matt and Will D.
Raleigh, NC

The Cornwalls said...

Where is the post all about me?? :)

The Breedloves said...

Interesting...every Breedlove/Thompson/Brooks family member checks my blog at the same time! How ironic!

Anonymous said...

Kent is a nice guy, but some of the comments seem a little overblown. I mean, come on, he still smells funny.

Andre

Anonymous said...

What does this all say about me? How am I so inadequate that my husband has to appeal to the blogosphere for support? Hopefully Maggie's first words will be "Dad, you're cool." Then I and Courtney will be off the hook for a few years.
Melissa (truly this time)

Anonymous said...

He's like a doctor, only smarter.

Peter

the big nana said...

The way I see it, the world would be a differenter place without Kent. Quieter, yes. Calmer yes. Less fun yes.

the big nana said...

I iwsh all my sons were-go-rillas

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad we could all get together to take the time to express our affection for Kent.

George W. Bush

Anonymous said...

He's who I ask my plastic surgeon to model his handiwork after.

Michael Jackson

Anonymous said...

It's not so much that "a person" needs to own only six shirts. It's that Kent only needs to own six shirts. The rest of the world must own more, to make up for the lack of shirtage in Kent's wardrobe.

It's a very complicated algorithm; I don't have time to explain it all to you people.

Hugs and Kisses,

Dr. Einstein

Anonymous said...

The gibbon will always hold a dear and special place in my heart.

Nanny said...

What's with the Yankee t-shirt. Are you converted? Heaven forbid!!! It was a good game. Will be glad to see you in March.
Nan